Bio-Stimz

So what's with all the cannabis patent-hype with Biotech & Monsanto?

Bio-Stimz

https://www.gq.com/story/the-great-pot-monopoly-mystery

So I've been hearing a lot of nonsense about cannabis patents, and the end of the industry as we know it.

Am I missing something here? Has anyone actually read the patents?

Not sure where Monsanto currently resides in terms of patents, but Biotech is basically breeding plants void of psychoactive THC, with pre-determined terpenoid profiles for the medical field.

Here's a key excerpt from their patent:   

"present invention provides specialty cannabis plants, plant parts, plant tissues and plant cells which provide a way to deliver a consistent and more tolerable and effective ratio of cannabinoids by providing plants that comprise non-THC cannabinoids (“CBs”) to patients (e.g., <THC:>CBs than in presently-available cannabis varieties)."

~

So what's with all the drama?

Bio-Stimz

Monsanto's business-buddy Scott's Miracle Grow/Hawthorne already owns General Hydroponics, Botanicare, and Gavita.... yet it hasn't made any tangible differences that I can see.

Bio-Stimz

It is rumored that genetic modification has been successfully applied to cannabis

so that clones can't be made and viable seeds won't be generated.

I wanna see some actual evidence of this.

~

Bio-Stimz
Posted (edited)

Monsanto and Bayer share information about genetically modifying crops,” Straumietis notes. “Bayer partners with GW Pharmaceuticals, which grows its own proprietary marijuana genetics.

It’s logical to conclude that Monsanto and Bayer want to create GMO marijuana. - Michael Straumietis

**** FOR THE MEDICAL FIELD ****

Any Monsanto and/or Biotech patents will pertain [strictly] to medical cannabis or industrial hemp.

Ain't no companies trying to monopolize a Schedule I controlled-substance.

~

~

Edited by Bio-Stimz

imiubu

I think that a short sighted opinion.

How can a Schedule 1 drug using pure plant derived CBD even be considered for FDA approval?  IMHO anyone who doesn't think these mega monstrosities are not going to negatively alter/ impact cannabis, still has their head in the sand.  When in the history of man have the profit mongers ever done things for any other reason than profit while using the guise of 'helping people/earth?  Never, these companies are motivated by huge profits and profit only.  They care not for the carnage they leave behind.

Here's the newest gunning for FDA approval;

https://www.cannalawblog.com/gw-pharmaceuticals-a-case-study-for-cannabis-pharmaceutical-approval/

knucklehead bob
3 minutes ago, imiubu said:

IMHO anyone who doesn't think these mega monstrosities are not going to negatively alter/ impact cannabis, still has their head in the sand.

Or some other place where they are trying to look through their belly button . . .  🤪

Bio-Stimz
5 minutes ago, imiubu said:

How can a Schedule 1 drug using pure plant derived CBD even be considered for FDA approval?  

DEA-registration

Bio-Stimz
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, imiubu said:

I think that a short sighted opinion.

anyone who doesn't think these mega monstrosities are not going to negatively alter/ impact cannabis, still has their head in the sand. 

lol

Let's see some actual evidence that would support your implications --> Then we can talk about who's head is where. ; )

~

Edited by Bio-Stimz

imiubu

Keyword... gets a BINGO  😉

My evidence is in history.   Disprove me perhaps?  I will not argue simply for arguments sake. 

Bio-Stimz

"It has been rumored for years that Monsanto plans to take over the cannabis industry with genetic engineering just as they’ve taken over the corn and soy industries. 

Phillip Schneider, Staff Writer
Waking Times

Last I checked.... corn & soybeans weren't Schedule I controlled-substances.

Bio-Stimz
Just now, imiubu said:

Keyword... gets a BINGO  😉

Right. So how exactly does the pharmaceutical industry make "profit" from us?

Where is the "carnage" that you speak of?

~

Bio-Stimz
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, imiubu said:

Disprove me perhaps? 

I've already pointed out the specificity of the patents for medical cannabis and industrial hemp. The burden of evidence is on you. I am not seeing any potential for "carnage" whatsoever.

Lot of hype up in this piece. 

30 minutes ago, imiubu said:

I will not argue simply for arguments sake. 

Good. That makes two of us. 

~

Edited by Bio-Stimz

Bio-Stimz
41 minutes ago, imiubu said:

My evidence is in history.  

There is none in this industry.

Bio-Stimz
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, imiubu said:

Disprove me perhaps? 

Done --> Unless of course you can actually give an example of how Monsanto or others have left nothing but "carnage" within this industry, by trying to monopolize it.

Do you have any tangible/non-regurgitated counter-evidence?

~

Edited by Bio-Stimz

imiubu

I am graciously stepping out.  I cannot assist those who will not even entertain that the history of corporations such as those mentioned here are not evil incarnate.  I do not need papers/ patents or 'news' articles to "prove" my point, I am fully aware of the profit mongers and their mechanisms of destruction purely for profit. 

Bio-Stimz
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, imiubu said:

I do not need papers/ patents or 'news' articles to "prove" my point, I am fully aware of the profit mongers and their mechanisms of destruction purely for profit. 

Thankfully this isn't the pharmaceutical industry, so none of that applies here.

~

Edited by Bio-Stimz

Bio-Stimz
15 minutes ago, Bio-Stimz said:

Do you have any tangible/non-regurgitated counter-evidence?

Guess I'll have to take that as a resounding no.

5487896-9197512852-3eo8b.gif

knucklehead bob
50 minutes ago, Bio-Stimz said:
1 hour ago, imiubu said:

I will not argue simply for arguments sake. 

Good. That makes two of us. 

Sure looks like what you're trying to do to me because you mostly pick apart one post and turn it into 5 to 10 different replies & are talking to yourself . . .

17 minutes ago, Bio-Stimz said:
1 hour ago, imiubu said:

My evidence is in history.  

There is none in this industry.

14 minutes ago, Bio-Stimz said:
1 hour ago, imiubu said:

Disprove me perhaps? 

Done --> Unless of course you can actually give an example of how Monsanto or others have left nothing but "carnage" within this industry, by trying to monopolize it.

Do you have any

Your best bet is some other site to tout how benevolent you believe Monsanto to be 

Bio-Stimz
6 minutes ago, imiubu said:

I am graciously stepping out. 

Don't have much of a choice. None of your concerns apply to this industry. 

Bio-Stimz
Just now, knucklehead bob said:

Sure looks like what you're trying to do to me because you mostly pick apart one post and turn it into 5 to 10 different replies & are talking to yourself . 

Doesn't matter how many replies I've made. Doesn't change the fact that the pharmaceutical industry is.... and always will be a completely separate entity. None of the links or statements you've made apply here. 

~

shaggyballs

Firt off I would like to say to all members that if this turns into a personal attack on me I won't be participating in this thread.

I only say this because that is what has happened to me in the past time and time again.

Moving on:

anyone who doesn't think these mega monstrosities are not going to negatively alter/ impact cannabis.

Monsanto and big Ag. will most definetly have a negative impact on the industry.

When has Big ag. done any good for the general public, why would they start now?

Do you think walmart selling weed is gonna be a good thing? Not a chance.

When has a big company like (insert name here) ever done good to help out the consumer?

Has anyone actually read the patents?

I have read some of the stuff about plant patents but it is hard to find all the proper info.

Do you think a patent on a plant is a good thing....I do not!

The very thought of “Owning” a Strain Genotype is sickening and should not be accepted.

To preface, a Utility Patent is:

Issued for the invention of a new and useful process, machine, manufacture, or composition of matter, or a new and useful improvement thereof, it generally permits its owner to exclude others from making, using, or selling the invention for a period of up to twenty years from the date of patent application filing ++, subject to the payment of maintenance fees. Approximately 90% of the patent documents issued by the USPTO in recent years have been utility patents, also referred to as “patents for invention”.

BioTech Institute LLC has a patent on:

Basically, BioTech is attempting to literally own Cannabis Genotype Strains. They are spending around $250k per patent and have a team of scientists mapping the genome of every strain. If they get away with this, they can tax or even sue growers, researchers, breeders dispensaries etc… if there’s even a trace of their genotype in the plants. Even worse, they have the power to restrict use of the strains to only their labs…killing the opportunity that the new laws are providing.

Sound like monsanto sueing farmers for selling a patented plant. you have heard of this before.

So I ask how is this a good thing in any way?

Bio-Stimz
Just now, shaggyballs said:

Firt off I would like to say to all members that if this turns into a personal attack on me I won't be participating in this thread.

I only say this because that is what has happened to me in the past time and time again.

Moving on:

anyone who doesn't think these mega monstrosities are not going to negatively alter/ impact cannabis.

Monsanto and big Ag. will most definetly have a negative impact on the industry.

When has Big ag. done any good for the general public, why would they start now?

Do you think walmart selling weed is gonna be a good thing? Not a chance.

When has a big company like (insert name here) ever done good to help out the consumer?

Has anyone actually read the patents?

I have read some of the stuff about plant patents but it is hard to find all the proper info.

Do you think a patent on a plant is a good thing....I do not!

The very thought of “Owning” a Strain Genotype is sickening and should not be accepted.

To preface, a Utility Patent is:

Issued for the invention of a new and useful process, machine, manufacture, or composition of matter, or a new and useful improvement thereof, it generally permits its owner to exclude others from making, using, or selling the invention for a period of up to twenty years from the date of patent application filing ++, subject to the payment of maintenance fees. Approximately 90% of the patent documents issued by the USPTO in recent years have been utility patents, also referred to as “patents for invention”.

BioTech Institute LLC has a patent on:

Basically, BioTech is attempting to literally own Cannabis Genotype Strains. They are spending around $250k per patent and have a team of scientists mapping the genome of every strain. If they get away with this, they can tax or even sue growers, researchers, breeders dispensaries etc… if there’s even a trace of their genotype in the plants. Even worse, they have the power to restrict use of the strains to only their labs…killing the opportunity that the new laws are providing.

Sound like monsanto sueing farmers for selling a patented plant. you have heard of this before.

So I ask how is this a good thing in any way?

That only applies to the pharmaceutical industry..... big difference. 

Just now, shaggyballs said:

I think you're safe. No attacks here lol

Bio-Stimz
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Bio-Stimz said:

That only applies to the pharmaceutical industry..... big difference. 

8 minutes ago, shaggyballs said:

BioTech is attempting to literally own Cannabis Genotype Strains. They are spending around $250k per patent and have a team of scientists mapping the genome of every strain. If they get away with this, they can tax or even sue growers, researchers, breeders dispensaries etc… if there’s even a trace of their genotype in the plants.

No.

No.

No.

Once again, this applies to DEA-registered cultivators only. It's strictly pharmaceutical. 

"present invention provides specialty cannabis plants, plant parts, plant tissues and plant cells which provide a way to deliver a consistent and more tolerable and effective ratio of cannabinoids by providing plants that comprise non-THC cannabinoids (“CBs”) to patients (e.g., <THC:>CBs than in presently-available cannabis varieties)."

~

Edited by Bio-Stimz

shaggyballs

So you are saying that, if there is a patent on a strain of cannabis that it will only be honored by the pharmaceutical industry?

So I can sell clones, seeds, extracts and flowers ect. of a patented variety without issue?

Could you please post up some proof of that?

I may be wrong but I think this is far from the truth.

Patents hold weight across the board, not just in the pharmaceutical industry.

But the burden of proof is on you now.

I am hoping you are willing to provide more than one sentence to make your point.

Thanks

:5899aa396ca33_weedteddy: Shag

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use Privacy Policy.