imiubu

Home extractions may become illegal in MI

imiubu
Posted (edited)

Mother effers.

Anyone still thinking that "recreational" cannabis is a good thing, isn't paying attention.

MI VOTERS... VOTE NO IN NOVEMBER ON CRMLA!!! That, or prepare for a royal screwing.  It is NOT better than "nothing" (as I hear people in the cannabis community say all too often). bah

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/documents/2017-2018/billintroduced/House/htm/2018-HIB-5843.htm

HOUSE BILL No. 5843

April 19, 2018, Introduced by Reps. Cole, Bellino and Marino and referred to the Committee on Law and Justice.

A bill to amend 2016 PA 281, entitled "Medical marihuana facilities licensing act,"

by amending section 502 (MCL 333.27502), as amended by 2018 PA 10.

THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN ENACT:

Sec. 502. (1) A processor license authorizes purchase of

marihuana only from a grower and sale of marihuana-infused products

or marihuana only to a provisioning center or another processor.

(2) Except as otherwise provided in section 505 and this

subsection, a processor license authorizes the processor to

transfer marihuana only by means of a secure transporter. A

processor license authorizes a processor to transfer marihuana

without using a secure transporter to a grower or provisioning

center if both of the following are met:

(a) The grower or provisioning center occupies the same

location as the processor and the marihuana is transferred using

only private real property without accessing public roadways.

(b) The processor enters each transfer into the statewide

monitoring system.

(3) To be eligible for a processor license, the applicant and

each investor in the processor must not have an interest in a

secure transporter or safety compliance facility.

(4) Until December 31, 2018, for a period of 30 days after the

issuance of a processor license and in accord with rules, a

processor may transfer any of the following that are lawfully

possessed by an individual formerly registered as a primary

caregiver who is an active employee of the processor:

(a) Marihuana plants.

(b) Usable marihuana.

(5) A processor shall comply with all of the following:

(a) Until December 31, 2021, have, or have as an active

employee an individual who has, a minimum of 2 years' experience as

a registered primary caregiver.

(b) While holding a license as a processor, not be a

registered primary caregiver and not employ an individual who is

simultaneously a registered primary caregiver.

(c) Enter all transactions, current inventory, and other

information into the statewide monitoring system as required in

this act, rules, and the marihuana tracking act.

(6) A person shall not knowingly extract resin from marihuana

by chemical extraction unless the person holds a processor license.

(7) An individual shall not knowingly extract resin from

marihuana by chemical extraction unless he or she is employed by a

person that holds a processor license and performs the extraction

in the course of his or her employment. An individual who extracts

resin from marihuana by chemical extraction in the course of his or

her employment and who reasonably believes his or her employer

holds a processor license is not in violation of this subsection.

(8) A person that violates subsection (6) or (7) is guilty of

a felony punishable as follows:

(a) Except as provided in subdivisions (b) and (c),

imprisonment for not more than 5 years or a fine of not more than

$5,000.00, or both.

(b) If the violation causes serious injury to another person,

imprisonment for not more than 10 years or a fine or not more than

$5,000.00, or both. As used in this subdivision, "serious injury"

means a physical injury that is not necessarily permanent, but that

constitutes serious bodily disfigurement or that seriously impairs

the functioning of a body organ or limb. Serious injury includes,

but is not limited to, 1 or more of the following:

(i) Loss of a limb or use of a limb.

(ii) Loss of a hand, foot, finger, or thumb or use of a hand, foot, finger, or thumb.

(iii) Loss of an eye or ear or use of an eye or ear.

(iv) Loss or substantial impairment of a bodily function.

(v) Serious visible disfigurement.

(vi) A comatose state that lasts for more than 3 days.

(vii) Measurable brain damage or mental impairment.

(viii) A skull fracture or other serious bone fracture.

(ix) Subdural hemorrhage or hematoma.

(c) If the violation causes the death of another person,

imprisonment for not more than 20 years or a fine of not more than

$5,000.00, or both.

Enacting section 1. This amendatory act takes effect 90 days after the date it is enacted into law.

Edited by imiubu

Ilynnboy

Rosin makers would Not be affected by my reading and interpretation.

Neither would bubble hash or Charas makers.

Only chemical means of extraction are exempted by my reading.

Squish and shake away..

Trying to keep peeps safe..

imiubu
14 hours ago, Ilynnboy said:

Rosin makers would Not be affected by my reading and interpretation.

Neither would bubble hash or Charas makers.

Only chemical means of extraction are exempted by my reading.

Squish and shake away..

Trying to keep peeps safe..

I agree to an extent.  A handful of idiots seem to always promote legislators to make up new rules for all.  Not just in this case either.

This is a proposed amendment to the MMMAct and due to experience, I suspect much deeper reasons for such an amendment to the peoples law.

They are chipping away at our protections in an effort to eventually gut the MMMAct.  There is no real money in medical marijuana and the quicker they kill off 'the peoples' ability to grow and process their own meds they force us to remain criminals or buy their corporate cronies "recreational" warehouse grown weed.  The fact there are 2 separate transport fees and 2 separate Lab fees alone should stop folks in their tracks when thinking recreational herb is a good thing.  Vampires sucking off the "people" again is what it is.

I personally am disgusted.

GoodEnergyGrower
1 hour ago, imiubu said:

I agree to an extent.  A handful of idiots seem to always promote legislators to make up new rules for all.  Not just in this case either.

This is a proposed amendment to the MMMAct and due to experience, I suspect much deeper reasons for such an amendment to the peoples law.

They are chipping away at our protections in an effort to eventually gut the MMMAct.  There is no real money in medical marijuana and the quicker they kill off 'the peoples' ability to grow and process their own meds they force us to remain criminals or buy their corporate cronies "recreational" warehouse grown weed.  The fact there are 2 separate transport fees and 2 separate Lab fees alone should stop folks in their tracks when thinking recreational herb is a good thing.  Vampires sucking off the "people" again is what it is.

I personally am disgusted.

Recreational is never ever a good thing.   Only the outright freedom to nature.  It is an illusion of choice. 

This is sad, saw this go down in Colorado....moved to back home to Michigan to try and help prop up a reasonable way to allow safe access to nature, but all I get are death threats and harassment from my neighbors.

Aren't there plans for a law that states an owner of a provision center/dispensary must have $300,000 in liquid assests to apply for a licence?   I feel all that these high priced seeds and genetics are allowing the corporate hawks to just move in.......matter of fact that is exactly what is going on.  Well at least they will have enough money to build their rocket ships and leave the planet while we destroy it....space is private now, there is another imaginary border put on our consciousness.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2017/11/08/state-asset-requirements-medical-pot-licenses/843392001/

As a human, I am so tired of seeing the herd being led by money and comforts of compromise.  Humans are a virus until they consciously choose to become a beneficial cosmic microbe. 

WAKE UP HUMANS!!!  NO ONE IS COMING FROM THE CLOUDS TO SAVE YOU.

Waiting patiently is waiting taking up space.....we are waiting taking up space!!!

imiubu

Well stated @GoodEnergyGrower  I am sorry that you are being harassed and threatened.  Those who have their eyes wide open and see/ seek   truths, threaten those who bury their heads and are easily lead/ manipulated.  The fearful ones will always retaliate against the truth and those who seek/ speak it. 

I caught part of a news clip last night where one of our great legislators was addressing a group about recreational marijuana being federally illegal therefore MI cannot make it legal.  HUH?  It is a convoluted mess and very much done on purpose. 

We know the path to end the madness is to remove cannabis from the CSA.  That won't happen though as the persons who make the big $$ (big pharma, prisons, leo, etc... et al) can no longer cash in. sigh.  I'm barely scratching the surface here though :)

I'll reiterate... people of MI, vote no on rec weed in NOV!

shaggyballs

Well I for one think this ia a scam that a provision center/dispensary must have $300,000 in liquid assests to apply for a licence.

Sounds like you can play but if you mess up we get to take away you $300,000 and we get to keep it.

Asset forfiture was supposed to be a thing of the past but now it seems it has been written into the new laws.

Big money is a problem for the cannabis industry and high prices draw in the vultures.

One reason to take the big profit out of the pot industry is to prevent aggressive marketing; another is that a not-for-profit cannabis sector would be unlikely to match the lobbying muscle that the commercial pot industry is already accumulating and that is likely to expand along with the market.

The biggest mistake voters could make  would be adopting any of the far-less-than perfect forms of cannabis legalization currently on the ballot.

Vote not to legalize or else. (click to read more here) 

I know your thinkin' Vote NO on legalizing cannabis WTF???
BUT

I am all for legalization as long as it will not be run by the likes of the ATF
And I still get to choose what put into my body...not the government or Big Pharm.
To me that part is a no brainer!
Read carefully and you may see things just a little differently!
If cannabis is legal you will not be able to provide yourself with medicine.

This is a good quote from a grower on another site in 2014

Im not down with full boat legalization either. I am seeing even with medical, the small time, average grower is being pushed out, and priced out thru exorbitant fees for licensing.
Currently we are seeing private caregivers forced out of the game to make way for giant weed farms. I believe in weed freedom and no one should ever go to jail for weed, but this is quickly becoming a rich mans game, Dr's, Lawyers, Ex-Cops, Ex Politicians, these are the new face of weed if things continue the way they are.

All of the people that have made weed what it is today, the growers working tirelessly underground to fuel the movement, well the states will take a huge shit right on your heads and not think twice. And home growing will still be illegal if you cant afford to pay them thousands of dollars for taxes and fees, so what kind of progress is that. Just so you can go down to 7-11 and buy a bag, whoopty freakin doo, I dont buy weed, to me my right to grow and provide for others is much more important than any of that.

I guess what we can take from this is that they have already lost their rights, and we stand to do the same if we do not learn from their mistakes.

Maybe it's not the best strategy to jump at the first deal that's put on the table, they look at us like a bunch of stupid stoners, why prove them right.

They know this commodity is worth billions, that's why they are salivating at the thought of taking it over and controlling it. If they could do anything right I might give them the benefit of the doubt but just look at the crippled economy and the billion dollar obamacare fiasco, proof positive they suck. They look at Marijuana as the next big bail out, it's not that they actually care if you get to smoke or grow weed they just want you to pay taxes on it.

There has not been a profit motive for big business to pressure govt to enforce. When legal and big busines sees big profits enforcement of grow laws will be out on overdrive and the civil and criminal penalties will be severe enough to deter. The pot will be genetically marked and black market product will be obvious. A million dollar fine coupled with 10 year prison sentence would shut down many growers. You need look no further than farmers at home to see how easy enforcement can be when big business chases big profit. There has been like two civil lawsuits filed a day by Monsanto against farmers in the US for copyright infringement over last two years and Monsamto is 177 - 0 in those suits and the farmers are left bankrupt. Game over

I'm frustrated with this issue and how successful the big money machine has been in placating people w white noise. Re: statement that people will continue to grow illegally. The rules have changed when people were permitted to buy it legally. Do you understand the significance of this point? Its the crux of why there will be enforcement, not only criminally but also civilly. A several billion maybe hundreds if billion dollar market that had no recognized structure was opened to them. Suddenly Monsanto,DuPont, Pfizer, etc were given incentive to eliminate competition, especially personal and illegal growers. They also want as many potential consumers as possible. Their strategy to control supply has at least three components, all of which they used with devastating efficiency with corn, soy beans, sugar beets, etc. Between 90-100% of production of those crops worldwide is controlled by just a few companies. I think we can all agree that if such control can be placed on staple crops the world depends on to live they can likely do it to a nonstaple plant like cannabis. There are very few varieties of corn left and that number is shrinking.

This is an interesting view from another member. 2014

Is it not obvious to everyone where this is headed? Why are the dominoes falling so fast for medical marijuana, and yet edibles are under heavy fire? Why is a THC to CBD ratio considered unique novel and useful permitting patents and copyrights. It is rumored that genetic modification has been successfully applied to cannabis so that clones can't be made and viable seeds won't be generated. It's the very same strategy that has been applied to soy beans, corn , sugar beets, etc placing 90% of world control in the hands of one company. Genetic control coupled w enforcement through civil lawsuits for copyright infringement and IMF loan compliance in poorer countries also criminal penalties will lead to plea deals disclosing identity of bigger growers will be the effective mechanisms eliminating grower diversity. Every one I hope is aware of push in EU for laws eliminating buy sell or trade of seeds of all plants unless on list and then royalty must be paid. The toll bells are ringing and every step in this game recently has made consolidation and homogenization all the easier. I am sure that big seed companies and distribution web sites have been approached re: buyout and we won't know until damage is done. The whole Iraguay fiasco is only trial run for bigger fish to poison. If you don't see this playing out then start paying attention cause private prisons will replace possessors with growers and they are setting us up for failure now.

Point of last ramble was that the powers that be love creating consumers while eliminating all but a few producers. Legalization will not include personal growing unless personal growers form better lobby. I hope so but we are talking about a bunch of stoners. Hmmm

My message is simple: Be aware of what is happening behind the scene.

Do your research before forming your opinion!
Keep big business out of the cannabis business!

Let it not be run in the name of profit... but by the people and for the people.

Please stay informed!
I do not ask you to listen to what I say.
I merely suggest you look deep to find the real truth!
Then examine the evidence for yourself !
Get into deep thought and say to yourself ...Could they really do that to us if they wanted to?

It would seem we all really have the same goals.
But I am more suspicious of government lies and corporate greed than most.
But I am probably more informed on the subject than most.

Things sound great in CO. now!
Will they stay the same.....can you keep mega mart out!
Only time will tell!
I truly hope all goes well for legalization!
But I am very skeptical to say the least!

Never let go of your freedom it is harder to get back than virginity!

:5899aa396ca33_weedteddy:shag

Bio-Stimz
Posted (edited)

patents and copyrights. It is rumored that genetic modification has been successfully applied to cannabis so that clones can't be made and viable seeds won't be generated.

Not buying it.

Comments welcomed: 

Edited by Bio-Stimz

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use Privacy Policy.