Flying Dutchman

How much light for Flowering plants

Flying Dutchman

I ran across this info while trying to figure out how to use a light meter and found ive been giving flowering plants too much light.

says 

Flowering:   Best;85,000 lux Medim yeild: 60,000 lux  Low yeilds: 35,000 lux

http://www.growweedeasy.com/lux-meter

shaggyballs
Posted (edited)

I think using the mesurement of LUX is not your best choice when trying to determine how much light a plant needs.

I think PAR aka Photo active radiation, and PUR aka Photo Usable Radiation are the best choices when talking about how much light to give a plant.

I think LUX can be converted to PAR if I remember correctly.

I will have a look at my notes to see what info I have of this subject.

Edited by shaggyballs

Oldproseeds
2 hours ago, Flying Dutchman said:

I ran across this info while trying to figure out how to use a light meter and found ive been giving flowering plants too much light.

says 

Flowering:   Best;85,000 lux Medim yeild: 60,000 lux  Low yeilds: 35,000 lux

http://www.growweedeasy.com/lux-meter

Hey man have you checked my indoor thread out yet?

Just saying if your not into expensive set ups with lots of heat thats no good for bud,,try small LED's!

Have a good grow for less.....less is better in a lot of things weed.... i LOVE low wattage LED's so far... ;)

Op

Flying Dutchman
17 minutes ago, Oldproseeds said:

Hey man have you checked my indoor thread out yet?

Just saying if your not into expensive set ups with lots of heat thats no good for bud,,try small LED's!

Have a good grow for less.....less is better in a lot of things weed.... i LOVE low wattage LED's so far... ;)

Op

no havnt checked out the indoor thread yet but im very interested in LEDs 

shaggyballs

Check out @Oldproseeds thread if you have time, he grows very good pot with little LED bulbs.

It looks kinda unbelievable but he's doin' it with very good results.

I think some others here may be going that way also.

Oldproseeds
On 4/23/2018 at 1:13 PM, Flying Dutchman said:

no havnt checked out the indoor thread yet but im very interested in LEDs 

Heya man welcome to the site too!

Yes brother these newer COB style LED's are the best type grow lighting now,

the reason is perfect light rays with zero heat onto the canopy below=more comfort to plant and more resins!

the key though is to keep the tops of plants only 1 inch under them bulbs to get the most out of the power downwards into canopy... ;)

Using the bulbs i am they are not even a grow bulb,,but my testings have done pretty good for only a 14 to 17 watt LED house lighting bulbs!

Get the real grow light type LED's and you will get way more yields the more the wattage,,depends what you need the lights for,,selling or personal?

For selling you will need a higher wattage LED than mine huh,,im just growing personal now really,,but from 242 watts LED i got 10 and half Z's last grow!!

:)

Just harvested my 3rd run so maybe 12 OZ's this go?

i used to grow under all types of bulbs in the old days like 250 watt HPS,,400 watt HPS,,600 watt HPS and 1000 watt HPS bulbs huh,,HEAT MASTERS...

they do work,,but the heck with all that HEAT right,,another thing to consider is the optimal growing area under the lights,,with most grow lights you get about,

a 2 to 3 foot range of optimal power penetrating down into the plants below,,,,even using them old 1000's same shit about a good 2 to 3 feet max?

Meaning from the bulb down,,measuring from that foot away from bulb down into your plants ok... ;)

These tiny little LED's made for the home get me a foot optimal and 2 feet total growing range,,so having a 2 foot plant or less is optimal with 14-17 watt LED!!

id say thats pretty good compared to even a 400 watt HPS,,so really these LED's have come MILES in a few decades because of the COB types..

Have a good grow when you get it all set up then ok,,glad to help a canna friend!!!

Op

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use Privacy Policy.