Squishing thread

Limos

Did a bunch of rosin tonight. Was drinking a bit so maybe not 100% clean but I won't mind. 

Did some Irene first then cyborg Bette, Medicine Cookies, gorilla fuck, KKush5. 

I I did a lame quick squish in another thread but this time I waited for everything to heat up properly. Here's some random pics.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 13

I'm using a manual press from medisun sun farms. Basically an arbor press with machined aluminum heads that accepts a heating element...same they use for electric nails. This particular model has dual elements...top & bottom. 

Technique-wise I set temp to 600-650. Let it heat up like a half hour. Then parchment paper a nug & press. I've added a little bottle jack so I get a lot of pressure without hanging off the handle. Works good for personal use.

image.jpeg

• Like 11

Thanks @Limos - I see you are all tooled up - I should have known - I'm going to have to 'borrow' the steam iron from the missus

and do my best with that - off to youtube to perfect the technique if poss.

Thanks again mate.

• Like 4

@Slick rick I would say yes & better yieldeder. 

@highdihigh  yeah I picked this up when I decided to stop making BHO. This seemed like a much safer alternative. I'll let the closed loop guys run my stuff if it builds up or sit here jacking it all day lol. 

I have done the flat hair iron before with less than spectacular results & really I wasn't happy with this press until I added the bottle jack. Pressure seems to be key. 

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Limos said:

Pressure seems to be key. 

Perhaps I can persuade 'her indoors' to sit on it (looking round nervously to make sure she's not listening) hehe

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

So what's the basic idea?

Extracting oils using heat and pressure?

The Thc doesn't evaporate at that high a temp?

I might try doing a few nugs next run.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AceGrower said:

Looks good Limos nice color and really like the fact that NO Solvents are used.

I tried it once with her hair straightener. 

it worked but seemed scant.

also need a rig to smoke it, it seems.

I just laced a bowl with it.

But if your set up for it, it was very nice.

Edited by Ilynnboy
  • Like 5

Now that would be a good cut sweettooth x nl#5 can u get ahold of it limo been on monkey monks for his sweet tooth cuts lately bet they would do great in my rain outdoor season

• Like 4

Yeah I can get a hold of it @Slick rick...might have misrepresented that a bit. These were some beans I got from Zoot a long time ago. They were supposed to be Autos but they did not auto. Got 2 different ones at the tent spot but I wouldn't classify them as stellar just ok. 

Edited by Limos
  • Like 1

Had some BHO run stuff the other night & it was very potent but I did not care for the flavor. I think I'm becoming a hard core rosin snob lol 

• Like 3