Tynehead Tom

I need a new Logo and bud shots for adverts

Tynehead Tom

So.... I have been toying around with the idea that I need a new logo. I like the current one but it's the club patch so probably better I come up with something new. I want to kinda keep it the same but different.

My idea was to keep the skull, but alter it to be much more realistic seed like, but still be a bad ass skull. I also wanna keep the revolvers because they are a statement against the authority. I wanna have a cool but subdued/faint maple leaf or cannabis leaf in the background and pot leaf blades coming off the revolvers instead of wing feathers..... I like the OTLB signature font in the rocker but want to drop the "69" and add Seed Collective under the skull. I was also thinking of having the seed/skull splitting open under the chin to form an emergent tap root/Goatie ....

I can't draw it and have no clue how to use drawing programs for artwork LOL 

I've run the idea by a couple people here and amongst my friends so hoping someone can come up with a cool logo..... and perhaps they work for beans :D

Also needing some good flower shots for upcoming adverts/drops of Bubba Royale and Swordfish F2 so if anyone is willing to allow me to use thier pics.... post em up here.

We can run this like a contest maybe and the winners will get an awesome prize package.

sound like an idea?

here is the existing OTLB logo on left and if you zoom in on the pic on the right you can see the hoodie logo.... which i thought about using but it's kinda Bodhi-ish .... though we have had that design for going on 20 years now hehe. I do like it though.

thoughts?

FB_IMG_1454433599238 - Copy - Copy.jpg

DSC02641 - Copy.JPG

Tynehead Tom

here's a better pic of the logo on the hoodie and t-shirts we have right now.... sorry, this one's faded and we haven't run new ones in a while

I traced it out on paper off the computer screen haha and then erased the center circle and then traced the skull from the other logo in the center and it looks pretty cool haha... too crude to use but a possibility

DSC05516 - Copy.JPG

shaggy

@Tynehead Tom

Do you like the seed skull?

If you want the jaw gone the tap root Goatee wont work.

The jaw can be colored to match the seed skull too.

Goatee can change easily in color and can be made fuzzy too.

Or just start again if need be, let me know your thoughts.

5a99e91ee09df_seedskullback.thumb.png.3a98ca64cbdfbe13df2ce5d251bee1ac.png5a99e92d3b911_seedskullbackgoatee.thumb.png.d942dd2a3d81d14294f566f42f9975d1.png

Methods of inducing SAR Local Acquired Resistance and Induced Systemic Resistance                                   I.P.M. INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT

Do plants need silicon?                   ODA finds bottled microbes with little live organisms                          Welcome to Z-Library!

boyd crowder

pm me @Tynehead Tom, ill make a proper logo for yallz

i did bugmans new logo/avatar

i do grfx for my day gig, no offense to @shaggyballs or @Chief Kief

Edited by boyd crowder

Sometimes, you just get lucky

"You want to make a living in this business you need to know your ABC's. Always Be Cool" - Boyd Crowder

dawn patrol

Well you can use any of the Swordfish pics I posted in the tester thread, but those got kind beat up by the weather.

I'm taking down the Bubba Royale in a about a week, I'll try to make sure I get you some tight shots of those to use.

I usually shoot high res and resize as necessary - do you have a preference for resolution or format of the images?

Tynehead Tom

I'm totally green at anything computer related other than cleaning up pics and posting on forums hahaha. I design industrial equipment when my buddy's company needs it and I do all the drawings for the bids by hand in 3D and also do all the shop drawings and blueprints by hand when they win the bids..... but I have zero hands on with computer stuff and even stuff like resolution and format .... while i know what it means..... I don't have a clue what i want or need LOLZ ..... 

but I came up with a cool idea and I'm gonna scribble it out on paper and take a picture and some of you graphics experts can see what you can do with it maybe :D

Tynehead Tom

okay.... here is a basic template of what I'd like to see for sure. 

I'm thinking full color leaf and skull with a black background with fire/flames surrounding .. realistic looking but not like Ghost rider LOL

OTLB in cool writing across the top, Seed Collective across the bottom and a slogan like "Breeding with Fire" or something not too cheezy haha

see, I can draw haha just not with a computer :monkey-with-glasses-smoking-smiley-emoticon:

DSC05518 - Copy.JPG

Edited by Tynehead Tom

Aspen
5 hours ago, boyd crowder said:

pm me @Tynehead Tom, ill make a proper logo for yallz

i did bugmans new logo/avatar

i do grfx for my day gig, no offense to @shaggyballs or @Chief Kief

I'm fine with my avatar but I would like something else.... I want a cool thing to welcome new members... I gotta figure that out...

shaggy

Well looks like the smart money is on @boyd crowder I was wondering why he asked about the stuff I was doing like he had done it before.B|

@Aspen what your askin' for is in my wheelhouse, just give me some idea of what you want, you have seen some of my welcome to the lab pics, have't you?

We could go for something like that or totally different. 

Probably best to do like @Tynehead Tom and give a basic design and build from there.

I would be happy to give you a hand.hand_png_by_digitalwideresource-d4ldrpx.png.7c20fddf39f9f95e8d8aed99fe8fbe53.png

Edit:

Just want to be sure you know it's a joke not making a pass at you, my wife would hit me with a fryin' pan.

Edited by shaggyballs
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Nice Job 1

Methods of inducing SAR Local Acquired Resistance and Induced Systemic Resistance                                   I.P.M. INTEGRATED PEST MANAGEMENT

Do plants need silicon?                   ODA finds bottled microbes with little live organisms                          Welcome to Z-Library!

Tynehead Tom

I appreciate the offers from you guys ;)

I figured I would go ahead and do up what I think is the basis for what I would like to see..... but I want it to look more real life like instead of cartoonish/hand drawn. Also I'm not sold on the lettering below.... the B is off somehow. I would like to add flames/fire encompassing the art, maybe reflecting in the eyes as well.

here's a color version

DSC05521 - Copy.JPG

shaggy

Do I get a star on my forhead for first to show?B|

5a9b09fdd142b_seedskullleaftext.thumb.png.55790ef87b0659db1cdbd8a5642b11e0.png I don't like the text now that I see it rendered on white.

shaggy

5a9b100add417_seedskullleaftext4.thumb.png.0849f5152fd9178808724cb3e0e63869.png  I like this but not quite there yet. What do you think @Tynehead Tom

I still think the smart money is on @boyd crowder but this will give him a head start.

Tynehead Tom

I like the effort but I'm not feelin it hehehe 

I would like to keep the skull as it is in the original OTLB logo.

I think I really like the color drawing i did but I'm not happy with the lettering..... and I want to set it on fire hahaha

shaggy

You gotta get what you like in life, it's too short.

We startin' to get a better idea of what you want now.

If your not happy with your hand drawn lettering, you should probaly choose a font and a style or have @boyd crowder hand draw you some letters till you go "yea, that's it!"

If you not sure of the terminology just ask.

BTW

That skull drawing has one of them thar Canadian skulls, much bigger brain in there.B|

I already did a few more mock ups so I will post them, feel free to criticize them, that's how we can find your likes and dislikes.

5a9b15cbdfece_seedskullleafnotext.thumb.png.cffdb499ac2d28b9622b3e9749103d7d.pngThe text faded real bad on this dark background.

You gotta think about how it all looks on T-shirts and hoodies too.

Some fonts and styles, like lookin' at paint swatches.

5a9b157383eed_otlbtext.thumb.png.aee53a7df57bc42d0a96174731b75b3d.png5a9b157ca561b_otlbtext2.thumb.png.9219f84ac83f1adb4ede854c03ea79a9.png5a9b15b0f0a61_otlbtext3.thumb.png.340cbfea350503d7fd120eda17746e6e.png5a9b15be434b7_otlbtext4.thumb.png.c7043a07c5874675d25f6a976dc019ac.png

Image result for magma Text Styles I like this style but it may not work for you.

Tynehead Tom

I've been back and forth by email and text all morning with a couple brothers back east. One of them designed the original skull/revolver logo and the artwork that went on our club shirts/hoodies. So the Skull itself must remain a key part of the logo and brother Hawk wants me to keep the Script font on the OTLB..... I didn't draw the skull very well so I got a little creative and enlarged the actual skull and then printed the pic and then cut out the skull so I can work with it on paper.

I guess if I ask for help I should sit back and let folks help hahaha but this whole thing has gotten my creative groove going .... so I guess I'm looking for ideas as well as critiques of ideas I'm posting up too. There's a reason for the sudden push to get a logo going and all will be revealed in good time ;) 

boyd crowder

5a9b1d2e89def_otlblogoproto4.thumb.jpg.14779f34021d85de918ffff64fc0cae0.jpg

"You want to make a living in this business you need to know your ABC's. Always Be Cool" - Boyd Crowder

boyd crowder

some things tha make a great logo - works in color and bw

works at any size

easily read

branding swhouldnt be comlicated

simpler is better

otlb logo proto 5 bw.jpg

fonts should be readable or unecessary even at icon size

old english script is a terrbile idea for logos - only use when clients ask SPECIFICALLY for them

Edited by boyd crowder

shaggy

Well said from a man who knows!5a9ad9eb411aa_goodjob.jpg.92b7b94e3073ba1e05663668c0dfbcdc.jpg

boyd crowder

otlb logo proto 7.jpg

otlb logo proto 7 icon size.jpg

otlb logo proto 7 icon smaller size.jpg

Edited by boyd crowder

boyd crowder

if you use it everywhere and often enough - the text itself doesnt matter - it becomes the brand

otlb logo proto 8.jpg

boyd crowder

@Tynehead Tom ok man im done till i get more feedback or approval

I strongly suggest using a roman sans bold font instead of the script for a logo ,like the intital designs simply for legibility

but its yalls thing so heres enough variations to toss around your click and tell me either this works or kick rox

otlb logo proto 9 bw.jpg