herbert

I've never topped or did any training on my plants but will come for advice when I get closer to that moment, I guess I can use the toppings as my first clones. 11 days since wetting seeds, culled one will drop down to 4 when I move to pots. I always think this looks strange when I look at what i've done in this first and second stage, I don't think I've ever seen anybody do this. Vigorous is a great description for these, buy now!!!

DSC00001.JPG

DSC00002.JPG

DSC00003.JPG

DSC00004.JPG

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Moved glh to pots today, 20 days from soak, sprayed them with some sm90, hoping that 3rd pic is an amazon. Please realize there is only 150 led watts happening in each of these two tents.

DSC00001.JPG

DSC00002.JPG

DSC00003.JPG

• 1 month later...

So I got two females, one in 4th wk of flower that I should have taken clones off, if I take a few lower clippings off it how will they to go as clones,

will they just take longer than normal. thanks

Guest 3rdCoaster

At 4 weeks in the clones will likely put out some weird growth while reverting to flower.  I find these plants are better used for taking more clones off of than to be used to flower for this reason.

Yeah, my budded clones usually root fine, but more sensitive to rot in the dome if the bud is on the cut , and like 3rd says it will spit out a bunch of single leaves and sometimes loose its dominant top and shoot out of everywhere, but they grow out of it and make good moms.

Well, I really have beat the crap out of this plant, def lots of bud sites, hoping to get around to some clippings this afternoon or tomorrow morn. I've only ever grown one other plant that had the kind of stretch this one has,

just put that screen in last night. Hopefully the stretch is done and just some flowering now.  My nose is not the greatest, stem rub and close up smell just give me a floral scent not that strong, prob needs atleast a couple

more weeks. Hopefully if clones work out I'll be better prepared next go around.

DSC01.JPG

DSC02.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, these are the same two glh plants from the previous pic's. near the end of wk 5 and 6. The one on the right is the older of the two. I have a couple more teen's now that seem to be doing fine.

I'm not good with smells but they got some def funk going on, sweet and sour if thats possible and def a deep diesel smell. They are so similar not sure if I got the short

or tall pheno. I need to bend them over every day to keep them off the lights. Last few picks are clones of these plus a start of Tom's Atomic nl5 x Tom Hill Deep Chunk f2 #2.

DSC001.JPG

DSC002.JPG

DSC003.JPG

DSC004.JPG

DSC005.JPG

DSC006.JPG

DSC007.JPG

DSC008.JPG

DSC009.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Lousy pic's but these two plants sure are sticky, approaching wks 8&9, looks like one more week or nut's to me followed by 7-10 days of water, molasses and some darkness.

DSC001.JPG

DSC002.JPG

DSC003.JPG

Guest 3rdCoaster

Whoowee!  Right to the ceiling with not an inch to spare on those.   I like the edge to edge coverage...no place for the flowers to hide.  Fingers crossed for a smooth finish and sticky cure.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Dog Star, these lights are about 5 years old, I've had no probs with them, area51 I believe was the brand name, gent used to hang  riu's led section, I def have no complaints on the purchase of these, they run at about 2550k and I believe thats why

plants can be so close to the light without serious burning, that said I just bought three of the 301b led quantum boards from hlg at 3000k with a heat sink, wish they could have been 2700k, starting to collect items required to finish this project but life has

got in the way again. I really wanted to get something cheaper from china or elsewhere and I spent along time browsing the internet looking and listening to other peeps about their experiences. After lots of thought I gave up and went with what I always

believed was the best product available for me. This light I bought will definitely be over kill for a 2'x4' space and I really had a good experience dealing with hlg, that said this great lakes haze product from Tony is killing it, now finished with just water and

adding molasses mix to finish.

DSC001.JPG

DSC002.JPG

DSC003.JPG

Guest 3rdCoaster

Love me some side bud.  

Those are filling in nice.  Getting any kind of nose from them?

That Qb set up is pretty sexy too.   

Hey @blues147

How many watts are you running the new quantum boards at?

In other words are you running them for brute force/90% of max power or max effeciency 50-60% max power.

I think I am going to over power on the hardware and run at 50% power for max effeciency.

I think that is right???

Anyway are you running all out?

Summoning @Ichabod Crane from the dark depths of sleepy hollow.

No need to loose your head icky, it is just a LED tech question.

Was I speaking nonsense or did I get lucky?

Lol, I know very little about leds, cobs and plants for that matter, I started with the leds becasue the hps I used was big trouble in my situation for both heat and stretch. I hope to dial down my new quantum boards because I'm sure they will

be too powerful for the restrictive height available in my tents. I'll prob use the 320h-2100a over the 320h-1750a that hlg recommends, I believe it will allow me to drive them harder if I so desire. Like the idea of dialing them down for

efficiency. We seem to be thinking along the same lines.

21 minutes ago, blues147 said:

I know very little about leds, cobs and plants

With that said, you need to know that Q-board set up is gonna smoke your old led's.

If you put the q-boards closer than a foot at full power you are gonna have white buds, from light bleaching.

It not the heat, it will be too many photons hitting the plant surface, so start slow, you got a mean mam-a jam-a there.

I don't have Q-boards but do have 2 kind k5 1000, the q-boards I think will be better, nice work getting yourself one.

Lol @shaggyballs, I'm sure your absolutely right, heavier feed schedule will also be required. That last pic of Tony's stuff has 320 watts happening there without any burning probs. (2550k prob has something to do with it)

Looks FAT. NICE. The mom was all diesel on the nose. Yours yields better with more frost. How many weeks now. Thanks for taking the leap. You wont be dissapointed.

Plants are starting weeks 9 and 10, they been on water for about a week now. I'm sure I won't be disappointed with any of your work. The one at nine weeks prob will produce abit less but it has more amber than the ten week one.

They both look like above average producers. Wish I could provide better pic's, its just a cheap point and shoot camera.

Archived