BAD DAWG Genetics freebies at Greatlakes Genetics

dragboatjeffy

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

120% germ rate LOLZ  don't hear that too often. That's a cool find man and twice in 10 seeds even. Go buy a lottery ticket hehehe

16 hours ago, Tynehead Tom said:

120% germ rate LOLZ  don't hear that too often. That's a cool find man and twice in 10 seeds even. Go buy a lottery ticket hehehe

@Tynehead Tom @Smokin Joe @dragboatjeffy Or anyone else that has seen this before.....

do you think the twins will be identical phenos or could they be different phenos?  

@Ogtg2213 I long long time ago I ran a few paradise seeds white widow and got a twin seed. It was Fem seed and both ran out normal although one was a bit smaller then the other. No other real difference at all that I noticed 

Right on thanks for the reply tundra !

i was kinda thinking they would be identical twins but I don't know exactly how all that stuff works. 

I'm not sure on that 1. The more vigorous of the twins I have died from being too wet so I can't judge them. I will say that the wimpy 1 was slow at first but has now surpassed the others in growth.

The smaller twins have almost caught up already. Well one of them has anyways. I have them marked just so I can see if they are true twins or not

IMG_3226.JPG

Guest Danky
On 6/11/2017 at 6:50 AM, Ogtg2213 said:

The smaller twins have almost caught up already. Well one of them has anyways. I have them marked just so I can see if they are true twins or not

IMG_3226.JPG

Anytime I try to use those Jiffy Pellets, they always end up getting moldy.. I've had them in the same tray/cloner as my clones and the rockwool didnt have mold or slimy stuff on them at all. Have you had any issues like this with em? 

2 hours ago, Danky said:

Anytime I try to use those Jiffy Pellets, they always end up getting moldy.. I've had them in the same tray/cloner as my clones and the rockwool didnt have mold or slimy stuff on them at all. Have you had any issues like this with em? 

No , I have the opposite problem lol. I over water seedlings if they are in a beer cup but the peat pucks seem to hold the right amount of moisture for me

We generally get a lower germination rate using Jiffy pellets or germination pre mold trays when starting cannabis seeds. Doesn't affect squash seeds but quit using Jiffy products long ago for cannabis.

Guest Danky

@Tynehead Tom  LOOK BRO! Aris back lol! 

Hey Ari, haha me and tom where talkin about you cause we where sad. We thought you left for good and hoped you didnt. 

Is there A reason for them being prone to mold? What other seeds have you found that arent effected? 

I think it has a lot more to do with grower style/error than the peat pucks. Peat pucks are just a medium, no different than any other meduim. It has certain needs that I find easier to meet than a beer cup with no roots in it

i pre soak the pucks, squeeze them just enough that a few drops comes out and that gives you perfect air/water ratio, every two days dip them in water and a quick squeeze and your done. I havnt lost any seedlings to dampening off since I started with the peat pucks. I like them. 

That being said I'm not a good dirt grower and I just do what works for me. 

My guess...mold issues...not enough air circulation and pucks tend to be overly saturated and wringing too, too labor intensive when germinating a hundred or more. I don't like them as peat seems to be too acidic, or low quality substrate, hence decreased germination.

We're here...busy time of year.  

I have never used rock wool, I'm one of those people who's skin crawls just thinking about home insulation. Does rock wool irritate? 

20 minutes ago, 72Tundra said:

I have never used rock wool, I'm one of those people who's skin crawls just thinking about home insulation. Does rock wool irritate? 

Yes if it's dry its just like insulation , and the dust is very harmful to your lungs, you want to soak it immediately after you open the bag. Then it's good to go

I have used jiffy pellets for years and can honestly say when they're on point they are awesome, any problems though and yeah can see like 10% success instead of 90+. 

I am going to test out those hex trays; you load up your medium of choice into the tray and plug directly into them, fits 72 per tray too - there may be smaller ones if you don't take that many cuts. 

But if peat / coco is your medium, I find that cuts in rockwool don't always make the adjustment very well - if at all, at least in my experience.

I used to do commercial cloning back in the day and we used peat pellets - and having a bad batch wasn't an option - I usually get at least 90% succes. Unless theres a problem then its downhill fast. If there is any green algae forming just add a little h202 to your water and that should do the trick. 

I am trying out this hex tray this weekend - will post and see how it goes.

Seed partner was commercial greenhouse owner for 16 yrs and learned about Jiffy products and it's components from him. Go ahead and use.....we choose not to use.

I wasn't trying to advocate for jiffy pellets per se, was just saying we used them with good results in our venture - I am always looking for what I can find the best results from. 

I am going to give this a shot for my next clone run I think or something similar anyways so I can use my medium directly in them.

IMG_0840.JPG

Guest Danky

Ahhh I wish these cuts where ready to go and start growing.. I dont understand why cuts coming to me have to get acclimated and someone else who just received cuts from the same person that got theirs 1 full day after I got mine didnt have to do anything but open the package and put them into his veg space since we both got rooteed cuts.. 

Anyone heard of or is growing Anatonic x 3 Head Dragon? 

Growed Starfighter x LBL and have still saved clone of that plant,resin have lime taste and i like it very much...

very good freebies,imo..

Archived