Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community. Please start by completing an Introduction, thanks.

Usstoner

Decarboxylation.

Aspen

I just cook them at the temps and times for the cookie.... maybe 350 for 30 minutes... the ones I decarbed first you could taste the temps slightly... more but a way more suttle in effect... the ones I just cook with the cana flower knock me back....

Edited by Aspen

Bugman

i guess this is as good of place as any.

chocolate mint cookies  & chocolate banna mint cookies [ the big ones]

im uesing a chocolate chip cookie resipe

1 cup allpourpus flower

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt  

i/4 -1/2 cup brown sugar [i use 1/4 ]

1/4-1/2 cup sugar [i use 1/4]

a shot of vanalla ext

1/3 cup of oil [in this case i used canna coco hi cbd,s oil]

1 egg [i ues 2 to make them fluffey cake like]

& chocolate chips 

i added 1/4 cup of coco to the above to make them chocolate &  sub chocolate chips for Andes crean de menthe   & bannas

100_6238.JPG

shit i forgot to say cook at 325 for 10-12 min

Edited by Bugman

Aspen
1 minute ago, Bugman said:

i guess this is as good of place as any.

chocolate mint cookies  & chocolate banna mint cookies [ the big ones]

im uesing a chocolate chip cookie resipe

1 cup allpourpus flower

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt  

i/4 -1/2 cup brown sugar [i use 1/4 ]

1/4-1/2 cup sugar [i use 1/4]

a shot of vanalla ext

1 egg [i ues 2 to make them fluffey cake like]

& chocolate chips 

i added 1/4 cup of coco to the above to make them chocolate &  sub chocolate chips for Andes crean de menthe   & bannas

100_6238.JPG

Do you Deliver?

Aspen

I think after playing with canabis in the kitchen for so long.... It really depends on what you are cooking as to weather or not the Decarb is needed... If you are cooking over the decarb temps say 250 for longer than the needed time say 30 minutes here... what's really the point? Put that old fashioned flower power to work... You can even use a food processor to make Canna flower and substitute 1/3 of the flower needed....having said that...  I have just recently decarbed an ounce to blast... Bho is easy to cook with and breaks down into oils easily... why not decarb it.... but I do like that hint of Canna flower in baked goodies...

3rdCoaster

"Cannadoodles"......Snickerdoodles that have the butter replaced with infused coconut oil.   Swapped out regular flour for Almond flour, makes a slightly crisper cookie, and its all we had in the house. 

I had the munchies so bad when these came out of the oven I ate 5 or 6 of them.  Now, 12 hours later i'm still kinda worried about driving and I have things to do and places to be..lol.   Maybe just 2 would be a better dose.     

IMG_20180627_210231.thumb.jpg.1a73d400dc4695be6edfce00a13e75ee.jpgIMG_20180627_204732.thumb.jpg.c50009a418f7dbdff2d52db3b2bb0a2c.jpg

Here are my thoughts on decrabing while cooking.  

Lets say your roasting a chicken in the oven at 400f.   You dont take the chicken out when it reaches 400f....its comes out when the juices run clear.....about 160f.   So even though the bird has been in the oven for an hour and a half at 400f, the internal temp never got past 160f....enough to cook the bird but not enough to convert thc to an active edible.

Same goes for when you are baking cookies, brownies, bread,  or what have you.   The internal temp of a pan of brownies is only going to be about 225f.  Even though it was baked at 350 for 50 min.

Your mileage may vary, but  the time/temps dont get high enough long enough inside of a baking item to make a complete conversion.   This is why people people decarboxylate in the first place.

• Like 3
  • Great Advice 2
  • Thanks 1

Aspen
5 hours ago, 3rdCoaster said:

"Cannadoodles"......Snickerdoodles that have the butter replaced with infused coconut oil.   Swapped out regular flour for Almond flour, makes a slightly crisper cookie, and its all we had in the house. 

I had the munchies so bad when these came out of the oven I ate 5 or 6 of them.  Now, 12 hours later i'm still kinda worried about driving and I have things to do and places to be..lol.   Maybe just 2 would be a better dose.     

IMG_20180627_210231.thumb.jpg.1a73d400dc4695be6edfce00a13e75ee.jpgIMG_20180627_204732.thumb.jpg.c50009a418f7dbdff2d52db3b2bb0a2c.jpg

Here are my thoughts on decrabing while cooking.  

Lets say your roasting a chicken in the oven at 400f.   You dont take the chicken out when it reaches 400f....its comes out when the juices run clear.....about 160f.   So even though the bird has been in the oven for an hour and a half at 400f, the internal temp never got past 160f....enough to cook the bird but not enough to convert thc to an active edible.

Same goes for when you are baking cookies, brownies, bread,  or what have you.   The internal temp of a pan of brownies is only going to be about 225f.  Even though it was baked at 350 for 50 min.

Your mileage may vary, but  the time/temps dont get high enough long enough inside of a baking item to make a complete conversion.   This is why people people decarboxylate in the first place.

I know your right about that @3rdCoaster I'm just old as hell....  Years of cooking without decarbing... decarbing is still a relativity a new process development... I guess when you skip the decarb you will release all those terps that vaporize off in the oven deep inside the cookie... it just gives that hint of Fresh Canna that I miss when decarbing for baked goodies...

Smokin Joe

The only cooking I have done was with butter that was made in a crockpot. I'm not real sure what tempit reaches or for how long but I let it simmer for 12+ hours. I have been told that the amount of time my butter simmers is sufficient to decarb. I don't know for sure but I do know my butter will kick your ass in small amounts.

OrganicFarmer

giphy.gif

This is what i was a doin last weekend.

As for decarbing, I'm under the impression that you don't need to decarb your herb if you are using alcohol, butter, or oil. From what I've read, you either need to activate the THC or CBD through decarbing or through solubilization.

Page 558 The Cannabis Encyclopedia, fourth paragraph

fullsizeoutput_1070.thumb.jpeg.45dcfa4108aa9123ac04071efaa078a0.jpeg

Reply to this topic