Grandma's Hashplant (Irene x 88g13hp)

Tynehead Tom

Figured I'd start a thread on these and if you have them going please post pics and comments.

I got these as testers when they were still un-named and just called Irene OG x  88G13HP. I see that Bodhi has now named them and has released them to GLG.

My first round gave me 2 females that i really wish I had cloned but sadly didn't. Popped the rest of the beans 8 weeks ago and have 2 nice ladies. One is less branchy , as were the 2 females I flowered previously. I have one that has really nice structure though and pics will show the difference. Just gonna wait till I have rooted cuts of both and then flowering begins.

01- 17-2018 Grandma's Hashplant #1 & #2 - Copy.JPG

Another update..... I see the first sign of roots poking out of the cube for Grandma's Hashplant #1 :rasta.nana:

These two plants are different from the 2 females I found in the first seed pop. The first two did not want to branch out and I'm gonna guess were more 88g13hp dominant as they didn't have that "Irene OG" look to them..... but it sure came thru in the smoke .

These two plants have some real nice structure and much more Kush like leaves. I'm still debating on flowering these at thier size or culling the mums and running the clones for flower and a new mum. Either way it's looking like the cclones are gonna come thru for me which is a nice change from my previous cloning adventures haha. Thanx to @Nub and @3rdCoaster , among others here, who have shared enuff cloning tips to help me get better at that. Always been a weak point for me LOL

anyhow, here's the girls today and they are just getting to about 18 inches tall now

01-25-2018 Grandma's Hashplants - Copy.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Wow I totally forgot about this thread

My veg on these plants saw them just get too damn big along with everything else in the room and a persistant lingering mite issue despite rigorous controls. Too many places to hide on big plants in a packed room.

So I got the best cuts I could off both plants and rooted them in isolation. Bad news is I culled the bigger plants , Good news is I have bug free healthy clones vegged up a week now under the 1000W. Also have a good clone of each in the veg cabinet transplanted and vegging under the floros.

I think I have 2 of #1 and 1 of #2 in the flower room but will get pics in next few days. Anxious to get these flowered out as I'm expecting great things in the flavor and head department :D

Today was day 1 of 12/12 so I'll update regular from here on in.

well, these don't look all that impressive but they are healthy and growing well. I do have 2 of the #1 and only 1 of the #2 but do have both backed up in the mum room as well.

day 2 of flowering, hopefully the #2 catches up as it is pretty small still LOL

02-15-2018 Grandma's Hashplant #1 - Copy.JPG

02-15-2018 Grandma's Hashplant #2 - Copy.JPG

• 1 month later...

been seriously lacking in updating this thread LOL

if you have a chance to grab Grandma's Hashplant ..... might be an idea LOL The first seeds I popped i didn't clone and kicked myself as the flowers were excellent, potent, full flavor.... yummy sweet piney fuelly..... very nice

These two females are no different, One is typical tall, minimal branching OG type structure. Looks to be a lower yielder but smells divine!!! some pine and full on OG goodness. She's starting to show some early colours , bit of purpling and yellowing, despite good ph and adequate essentials....Her sister is a real nice branching plant, great structure, what looks to be decent yield potential and frost for days.... She smells much like her sister and the Irene is certainly not being over powered by the the 88g13hp in this cross. Very happy I have mums of these backed up as they will for sure be getting another run in bigger pots. This is just a pheno hunt flowering run with the plants in 1 gallon pots so maximum yields aren't even on my radar LOL

Pics are proving to be difficult as the plants are sharing a 30 plant stadium but I'll try and remember to take pics on the next flush when i take them out of the stadium.

Grandma's Hashplant #1 and #2.

they are the plants in center of pic, the two on the left are #2 and the more pole shaped pheno on the right is #1

So far I think #2 is gonna stick around for a while although #1 is starting to develop some fuelly diesel tones so not gonna kill the mum till I've properly evaluated the harvest. Only day 42 today so got a few weeks left.

04-01-2018 Grandma's Hashplant #1 & 2 - Copy.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Well , these two girls are coming down @ 65 days and I'll give them 3 days of darkness before I chop em and hand em whole. Nice thing about little plants is they sure are easy to trim HAHA.

anyhow, these two are the same pheno from the same plant, flipped after a 5 day or so veg and flowered in 1 gallon pots. This is pheno One of Two and I'll get pictures of the other pheno in next day or so.... she's not quite done.

This pheno is probably a better yielder with better structure over all but both phenos are very nice plants. I smell the irene OG in these but there's more to it. I'll do a good report when it's all cured and ready to sample.

These seeds were testers from Mrs B last year and these were from the second seed pop. I've got no more...... but they are in stock at GLG so I'll be grabbing more for sure.

here's a few pics ;)

04-24-2018 Grandma's Hashplant #1 pic 1 - Copy.JPG

04-24-2018 Grandma's Hashplant #1 pic 2 - Copy.JPG

04-24-2018 Grandma's Hashplant #1 pic 3 - Copy.JPG

04-24-2018 Grandma's Hashplant #1 pic 4 - Copy.JPG

04-24-2018 Grandma's Hashplant #1 pic 5 - Copy.JPG

The pics are pretty good but I think they probably look better in person.

I know they smell better too.

Nice job on the fade, they look ready for the drying rack.

Do you notice a difference with the plants that get 3 days of dark before chop?

I have heard of this in the past but never looked into it.

Thanks in advance

:5899aa396ca33_weedteddy: Shag

ya if only we had smell-o-vision LOL

I dunno if the 3 days darkness does much but it's the way I was taught years ago and I been doing it ever since. I do notice some plants will develop more color but I've never really done any comparisons to be honest. Maybe it's just voodoo science :D

• 2 weeks later...

Pheno #2 , much more OG like and the irene really comes thru with a piney sweet dieselly smell that transfers very well to flavor. maybe some hints of anise at the start of the toke. Exhaling leaves a real nice flavor of old world hashish. Real nice powerful smoke without being full on couch lock.

I wish I could take better pics , pheno 1 pics just looked like green blurrs haha gotta do a reshoot😞

Grandma's_HP__2_pic_1_-_Copy.JPG

Grandma's_HP__2_pic_2_-_Copy.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
Guest smoaktree369

Nice job tynehead Tom.you got some nice looking frosty bud there. I was hung up on what strain I was going to pick but  after seeing your photos I'm definitely going after a pack of these. Hope they are still on the menu at GLG.   

20 minutes ago, smoaktree369 said:

Nice job tynehead Tom.you got some nice looking frosty bud there. I was hung up on what strain I was going to pick but  after seeing your photos I'm definitely going after a pack of these. Hope they are still on the menu at GLG.   

thanx man 😉

ya, these beans are very worthy. One of the plants I am keeping absolutely qualifies in the "elite" category. I have a nice 2 foot tall and equally as wide bush of Grandma's HP in the veg room that will go out to the greenhouse on the 10th of June and I'll add more to this thread as she progresses. 

Those 12 tester beans produced at least 2 absolute elite level keepers for taste, yield and potency. I was gonna buy more but I have found my keeper cut and will be keeping her for a long time I'm thinking. One of my favorite smokes right now hands down.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest smoaktree369

I like what iv saw and  Heard about Irene. I’m  working on a pack of Bodhi’s holy weed that I got down three females I’m going to run again. Out of the pack there was seven females. Out of those seven I kept three that  I’m gonna run again before I make a choice of which one to keep. They’re all very similar and smell an flavor. It’s a strain I would recommend to anyone. 

• 2 months later...

Well, this concludes my test growing both indoors and outdoor greenhouse (@52N light dep) of Bodhi Seeds Grandma's Hashplant (Irene OG x 88G13HP)

Few more days to go for this girl and she's looking on point.

Flowers are rock hard super dense n frosty and she has a pungent sweet dieselly creamy smell to her.... delicious!!

Can't wait to get her cured up and into the stash. This cut is being cherished in the garden and will be a mainstay for me going forward.

Gonna have to grab myself another pack of these beans for sure

08-15-2018_Bodhi_Seeds_Grandma's_Hashplant_pic_1_-_Copy.JPG

08-15-2018_Bodhi_Seeds_Grandma's_Hashplant_pic_2_-_Copy.JPG

08-15-2018_Bodhi_Seeds_Grandma's_Hashplant_pic_3_-_Copy.JPG

• 2 years later...
30 minutes ago, corgitron_prime said:

going to have to check them out. next purchase.

I just popped a pack of these.Mine had very low vigor and didnt stack well at all.I kept the two nicest and in the 4th week of flower as we speak.They look a little better than the first run.Anyway's my buddy has cronic pain and is on Oxycotton's and Percaset's.He swear's that the GR's Hashplant lowered his pain considerably and asked me to run those two plant's just for him.So anyone that has pain may want to try the GR Hashplant.I will be trying another pack myself.

I'm still holding the cut I found when I ran these beans as testers for Bodhi before they were dropped.

This cut is in my top 3 and will be keeping her for years to come.

09-18-2020 Grandma's Hashplant pic 1 - Copy.jpg

09-18-2020 Grandma's Hashplant pic 2 - Copy.jpg

• 7 months later...
On 9/20/2020 at 5:59 AM, oldschool said:

I just popped a pack of these.Mine had very low vigor and didnt stack well at all.I kept the two nicest and in the 4th week of flower as we speak.They look a little better than the first run.Anyway's my buddy has cronic pain and is on Oxycotton's and Percaset's.He swear's that the GR's Hashplant lowered his pain considerably and asked me to run those two plant's just for him.So anyone that has pain may want to try the GR Hashplant.I will be trying another pack myself.

I'm running my cut again this summer 🙂

damn border...... I think you would really like this cut as it checks all the boxes for yield, strength, flavor and it does indeed provide medicinal benefits for those who suffer chronic pain. I still have two quart jars from last summer's harvest and I'm about 1/2 way thru a 3rd jar...... that 1 greenhouse plant from last season yielded exceptionally well. I imagine in your room with your techniques, this cut would excell.

Tried to pollinate her last season with biker kush v1 f3 but the pollen wasn't good i guess so will try again this season. I have F4 biker seeds down right now so will be hunting for a special male. I think the cross will be off the charts

I was also gifted some rare 88g13hp seeds so will be looking for some breeding stock in those too.

I've named my cut GHP1 for breeding notation and might grab a few more packs from glg because when I did the test run for Bodhi I culled the males as they appeared.

The GHP1 cut is killer though and I am an extremely fussy toker when it comes to what I keep for my personal stash. She needs to be spread around.......

I would like to try another pack of Grandmas Hashplant.I realy just needed i bigger version of what i had.The smoke was liked by a lot of people.To bad @Tynehead Tom doesnt live closer.I could just stop by and get a cut of your's.Sure would save me some time.

Archived