boyd crowder

Jeff Sessions Tries to Put The Genie Back In The Bottle

Ganja Ken
14 hours ago, Coastal said:

bc looks like it will be open to craft grows.not bad at all imo.

AB looks this way as well

Tynehead Tom
3 hours ago, Ganja Ken said:

@Tynehead Tom does it need to be in the Cariboo since you can send cuts and seeds no problem in Canada now? 

I just don't wanna relocate again that's all ;)

herbert
1 hour ago, Bio-Stimz said:

That is good news, it was exactly what I  had been hoping for. e as states can keep it unscheduled and  would not need a pharm tech rather than budtender. This may   open the gates for the next step, I  personally admire the DC approach to Cannabis while there are no retail stores per se anyone can grow it, share it, barter for it. I  was in DC  and scored 1/4 of 2 strains from a donation ad on craigalist and the dude pedale up on his bike  it was totally casual and relaxed. 

shaggyballs

Funny they are calling it:

The (REFER) Act of 2018.

Restraining Excessive Federal Enforcement & Regulations.

Now sessions has refermadness????

:5899aa31ab92f_Chimpaughinggif:

It’s not yet clear whether the REFER Act has any chance of passing. While some members of Congress have been spurred to action since the Sessions announcement—another House bill, the Respect State Marijuana Laws Act, gained 13 sponsors in the wake of the Cole memo’s undoing—other members have yet to sign on to legislation even after issuing strong statements of support.

Edited by shaggyballs

shaggyballs
SPoliticians Outraged: Sessions Move ‘Trampled the Will of the Voters’

Keith Ellison, US Representative for Minnesota:

“The war on drugs didn’t stop drug usage; it just ruined a lot of lives. Jeff Sessions is reviving it because he believes in using the criminal justice system as an instrument of racial and economic control of poor people and brown people.”

Jay Inslee, Washington State Governor: 

“Today’s forthcoming announcement from Attorney General Sessions is the wrong direction for our state. It is also disrespects Washington voters who have chosen a different path for our state. I am especially frustrated that this announcement comes after Sessions has refused offers from Attorney General Ferguson and myself to meet with him to discuss these policies in person, after he has disregarded the input that we and other state leaders have provided to his department.”

Earl Blumenauer, US Congressman from Oregon:

“This is outrageous. Going against the majority of Americans—including a majority of Republican voters—who want the federal government to stay out of the way is perhaps one of the stupidest decisions the Attorney General has made. One wonders if Trump was consulted—it is Jeff Sessions after all—because this would violate his campaign promise not to interfere with state marijuana laws. It’s time for anyone who cares about this issue to mobilize and push back strongly against this decision.”

Kirsten Gillibrand, US Senator for New York:

“Attorney General Sessions’ decision to restrict states’ ability to legalize and decriminalize marijuana is either willfully ignorant of the medical science or an act of greed on behalf of the pharmaceutical industry. In either case, it’s an attack on patients, and it’s wrong.”

Adam Schiff, US Representative for California:

“As more states, including California, legalize and regulate marijuana, both for medicinal and recreational use, turning back the clock on federal enforcement is a waste of limited resources. I believe the hands-off policy should be reinstated, by Congressional action if necessary.”

Elizabeth Warren, US Senator from Massachusetts:

“The Justice Department’s reckless decision to rescind its policy allowing states to enforce their own drug policies puts our public health and safety at risk. Congress needs to take immediate action to protect state marijuana laws, and the patients that rely on them.”

Ron Wyden, US Senator from Oregon:

“Trump promised to let states set their own marijuana policies. Now he’s breaking that promise so Jeff Sessions can pursue his extremist anti-marijuana crusade. Once again the Trump administration is doubling down on protecting states’ rights only when they believe the state is right. Opening the door to go after legal marijuana businesses ignores the will of the majority of Americans and marks yet another socially unjust and economically backward scheme from this administration. Any budget deal Congress considers in the coming days must build on current law to prevent the federal government from intruding in state-legal, voter-supported decisions.”

Ted W. Lieu, member of US House of Representatives, from California: 

“AG Jeff Sessions apparently wants to take America back to the 1920s. Prohibition didn’t work then and it will not work now. Congress needs to pass sensible laws to prevent a monumental waste of precious federal resources chasing Americans who use.”

Justin Strekal, NORML political director:

“If the Trump administration goes through with a crackdown on states that have legalized marijuana, they will be taking billions of dollars away from regulated, state-sanctioned businesses and putting that money back into the hands of drug cartels.” —to the Washington Post

Bernie Sanders, US Senator from Vermont:

‏”No, Attorney General Sessions. Marijuana is not the same as heroin. No one who has seriously studied the issue believes that. Quite the contrary. We should allow states the right to move toward the decriminalization of marijuana, not reverse the progress that has been made.”

Ilynnboy
20 hours ago, herbert said:

That is good news, it was exactly what I  had been hoping for. e as states can keep it unscheduled and  would not need a pharm tech rather than budtender. This may   open the gates for the next step, I  personally admire the DC approach to Cannabis while there are no retail stores per se anyone can grow it, share it, barter for it. I  was in DC  and scored 1/4 of 2 strains from a donation ad on craigalist and the dude pedale up on his bike  it was totally casual and relaxed. 

Hey @herbert,

how did that work out for you?

I was thinking of doing that next time I head to the East coast.

Alittle layover in DC, then on my way.

But I usually “carry”when I drive to the beach.

herbert

I had driven up from Fl to maryland for a 5 day class in a rental. I know lots of people that fly with weed but the taboo is anything international. My nieces all live in Colorado and they fly with cartridges in their checked luggage.

Supposedly tsa is only interested in explosives and weapons, but to me they are still cops, and dumb ones at that. I would not put my freedom on the line for a roll of the dice that the tsa guy or gal is not a jeff sessions clone lookg to stop  sex crazed violent  potheads one gram at a time.

Supposedly weed is not their focus , but? 

Edited by herbert

Tynehead Tom
On 1/10/2018 at 3:42 PM, Coastal said:

They are doing it province by province here... think they tried and failed on taking over actually.

bc looks like it will be open to craft grows.not bad at all imo.

reading thru the proposals I see that micro licenses and nursaries won't be able to interface with the public at the retail level...... No fuckin way will i sign up for that LOL

****edit..... i was wrong..... just re read the pages following what i read briefly yesterday and with a combination of licenses it is possible to do the farm to customer bud and seed sales.......    guess this is a discussion for the canada goes legal thread LOL sorry for hijak folks.

Edited by Tynehead Tom

Nub

So..canada is making room for craft growers? Sounds good...now..how do we make the U.S. make room for small craft growers like myself? The current bill for my states legal sales, seems to have something in it...but....pft..im not ready to work for a suit who thinks you dry cannabis leaves and smoke em to get high.

Ogtg2213

Got links to this craft Grower stuff? This is the first Ive heard of that.

Coastal

Don't have links but the federal gov decided to give provinces control, and some are using the liquor board rules as a basis including BC. Still in talks officially but they are working with canna people too.. 

sounds like possible crack down on the online shops... probably dispensaries next but so far they are just letting it go.

Tynehead Tom

I'll take this over to the canada legalizing thread and try and explain... but i have ganja ken to thank for emailing me the pdf. it's "proposal stage" so nothing conrete.

Coastal

Hey... didn't people have to sign a confidentiality waver for that...lol!

maybe it's not the same but the talks have been fairly closed doors I thought. They did invite a lot of industry people it seemed from what I heard and were very on the same track about it having to be as good or better than currently is or there won't be a happy change over...

sorry.. I'll take my post over there too

thebigyeti
On 1/5/2018 at 12:45 PM, herbert said:

he shot his political capital load on the ACÁ

The attorney general just had to send a letter to remove it from the controlled substance list, I believe. I'm disappointed they didn't do more.

imiubu
1 hour ago, thebigyeti said:

The attorney general just had to send a letter to remove it from the controlled substance list, I believe. I'm disappointed they didn't do more.

I'm not finding anything about this from the great oracle google... do you have a link please?  thx

thebigyeti
3 hours ago, imiubu said:

I'm not finding anything about this from the great oracle google... do you have a link please?  thx

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Removal_of_cannabis_from_Schedule_I_of_the_Controlled_Substances_Act#Process

"The Controlled Substances Act also provides for a rulemaking process by which the United States Attorney General can reschedule cannabis administratively. These proceedings represent the only means of legalizing medical cannabis without an act of Congress. "

Wow, HHS can do it too: " The HHS Secretary can even unilaterally legalize cannabis: "f the Secretary recommends that a drug or other substance not be controlled, the Attorney General shall not control the drug or other substance." 21 U.S.C. § 811(b). "

Edited by thebigyeti

shaggyballs

Well if this is true and it will be completely removed from the controlled substances act, then this is a huge step in the right direction.

No one needs to be imprisoned for a plant!

Image result for No one needs to be imprisoned for a plant!

imiubu
1 hour ago, thebigyeti said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Removal_of_cannabis_from_Schedule_I_of_the_Controlled_Substances_Act#Process

"The Controlled Substances Act also provides for a rulemaking process by which the United States Attorney General can reschedule cannabis administratively. These proceedings represent the only means of legalizing medical cannabis without an act of Congress. "

Wow, HHS can do it too: " The HHS Secretary can even unilaterally legalize cannabis: "f the Secretary recommends that a drug or other substance not be controlled, the Attorney General shall not control the drug or other substance." 21 U.S.C. § 811(b). "

Okay, my mistake lol. I thought you meant that he "had" to (recently) send said letter.  I thought it strange esp after his latest attack on cannabis:o

It is my understanding, and I am probably wrong lol but... the reason or excuse perhaps that 'marihuana' is not simply de-scheduled is due to so many more laws written afterwards that would need rescinded/ addressed or w/e that it makes it such a convoluted mess.  IDK.  Frickin lawmakers and pollute-titians need to just stop the bs.

knucklehead bob
3 minutes ago, imiubu said:

It is my understanding, and I am probably wrong lol but... the reason or excuse perhaps that 'marihuana' is not simply de-scheduled is due to so many more laws written afterwards that would need rescinded/ addressed or w/e that it makes it such a convoluted mess.  IDK.  Frickin lawmakers and pollute-titians need to just stop the bs.

In no uncertain terms , what gas to happen is the Fed. , State & Local all have to admit that they have been lying to & de-frauding every one in the Nation & the world for that matter and it ain't ever gonna happen . They have whole societies built up around these lies , jail , probation departments , treatment facilities etc. and maintaining it's status quo is of ut-most importance to these lying parasites . I don't see anything happening in our favor . More than likely will be re-scheduled to where you now need a prescription like you do any other real narcotic , only this way are they gonna be able to maintain their house of cards , endless laws and control over cannabis . My .02

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use Privacy Policy.