Welcome!

Zoot

wouldn't a dedicated personal web hosting home server that can accommodate all of the labs accounts including photos,files and vids be a safer an more secure,reliable alternative/option than an external hosting service?

now i haven't any idea what size and power or the cost of such hardware may be...but eventually as the membership grows,might we be able to raise our own funds or dues to purchase one?... just an idea....

I have considered doing that and still do. I need to get a cost break down on that though. 

Last time I looked you would have to pay licensing fees annually then there will be the Internet connection requirements which would require a business class. 

In the meantime though I am paying for back up services and it is a redundant process.  Meaning they will back up our site and make a back up of the back up. I am going a step further and downloading a copy of the back up weekly. 

• Like 1
  • Nice Job 1
Guest Nrthstar

Id be glad to donate if it would help at all.      Im not a previous member, but in the past few days of just observing u can see there was something good goin on.   Looks like alot of good folks here. 

I was just funnin but that brings up something else. Zoot use to have a spot on the home page so folks could donate to keep the lights on in here. 

• Like 3
  • 10 months later...
Guest imiubu

Well, it's good to be back home again.  Some time has passed, most folks have found their way back, furniture is all arraigned nicely and things are cozy again :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/4/2016 at 5:39 PM, zoot said:

Welcome to the new Z-Labs 3.0

As it stands, the old site was lost because the hosting provider deleted all info and back ups on the server our site was hosted on. I wonder if Hillary was involved?? 

If i am able to recover any data from the old site i will try to merge it into this new site.

• 2 years later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use Guidelines Privacy Policy and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..