Welcome, To Z-Labs!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and PM with other members of our community. Please start by completing an Introduction, thanks.

Sign in to follow this  

About This Club

Are you a gear head? Join in on the conversation

1. What's new in this club
  2. Tynehead Tom

anyone else here build stuff?

@shaggyballs ya man, that guy did a real nice job on that build. Ours might be a little bit more of a redneck utility version LOL if money was no object..... the toys I would build for myself. One of those 100mile an out drag carts would be loads of fun but there is no where around here flat enough or straight enough for that kind of fun except out on the logging roads. I remember when we were younger and living in the city my friends raced go karts down at a local parking complex but there wasn't much real custom stuff, just racing carts all built to conform to track rules. My plan with my tracked snow kart is to try and get folks around here into winter ice racing..... maybe start a local club. they do this stuff lots on the frozen lakes in eastern canada but no one out here does these things...... I'd like to try and change that
  3. shaggyballs

You just never know do ya??? Those jet skis do go through a swamp and cat tails pretty well. Thanks for the name drop Tyne! Had to look it up..... I thought this video was worth a post. 215hp JetJon Construction Step by step build without the crap.
  4. Tynehead Tom

hahaha the Jet john ..... that is another project that is underway. My partner in crime down on the coast has the jet ski on saw horses in the shop ready for a tear down. It is surprisingly easy to do this build and a whole lotta useful when it's finished..... if you like going fast in skinny water Ours is being built for hunting trips up north where the only access in are the rivers
  5. Coastal

That looks like those guys have a lot of fun @shaggyballs! Thanks for sharing,lol, good to know there’s other areas I could acclimatize too .. you guys see those little welded aluminum boats they put the jet ski motors in? that is on my to do for sure!
  6. knucklehead bob

That , or someone forgot the torque wrench
  7. Tynehead Tom

I can buy the tracks i need for my project. They are about 3grand a set for my yamaha grizzly and those same tracks would bolt right on to the rig i want to build. Out back I have 80 feet of 3 foot wide 1/2inch thick industrial conveyor belting that is the perfect material for building tracks so not sure if I want to custom make the tracks or spend the cash to buy the built ones.... we'll see when the time comes. There is a really cool DIY atv tracks set of videos on youtube that is quite useful to me too. @coastal, the 32 ford body could make a real awesome project for sure man
  8. Coastal

I’ve got a few old Toyota and samurai frames with solid axles if ya need and parts @Tynehead Tom. i want to put an old 32 Ford body I found onto a solid axle Toyota frame and run a VW diesel in it.. got all the bits but I gotta build another house before I get to builds shop now... might be a bit,lol.., those track things look fun though.. saw they make some that bolt in where your wheels go for quads and trucks.. look pretty fun too!
  9. Tynehead Tom

dude..... I could easily build one of those and thought about it but i'm just stuck on the tracked all wheel drive "snow kart" LOL need a heater
  10. Smokin Joe

I've had this 1 on my wish list for several years now
  11. knucklehead bob

Yeah , the little track track thing was cool but ^this^ pile it welding POS ain't goin' no where if you ask me
  12. Tynehead Tom

LOL @shaggyballs , I know right?
  13. shaggyballs

I want one now, screw the hummer....LOL
  14. shaggyballs

Maybe ditch the belts.
  15. Tynehead Tom

this is a much better version of what aceman was trying to come up with built by Howe technologies , same builders as the ripsaw tank seen in fast and furious 5(?)
  16. shaggyballs

This video actually has my little bro in it. He is at Milan dragway here in Michigan. About 5 min. 48 sec. you will see a kid in a kart. That is my brothers Kart. Then you will see his run a milan where he had a bit too much power for the equipment...LOL The whole video is good so you may want to watch it all.
  17. Tynehead Tom

haha ya I watched all his vids last summer when I first started contemplating trying to build a scaled down ripsaw. I want a nice seat, heat, tunes, and compartments on the side for ice fishin gear and fuel. If I build a rig like the 4 tracked one i posted earlier, I can swap the tracks for atv tires in the summer and go mud rippin at the august mud races we have up here.
  18. Smokin Joe

Check this guy out https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5xRU9_lcbLQ
  19. Tynehead Tom

ya @shaggyballs that's some cool stuff right there
  20. shaggyballs

This is a group of guys my younger brother runs with. The ride through downtown Detroit in a huge group, yep the choppers chase them and they have to disperse. They do street drags in the hood too. detroithoodtv Here is a cool video they made, wish I woulda had this idea....LOL He has a cart that runs 100 mph and he says no one can touch the banshee's there is a couple of them out there. About 58 sec. you will see the cops pass by in the background....Only in the D.....
  21. Tynehead Tom

@Smokin Joe my first thought was suzuki samurai drivetrain. I have a 95 samurai I rolled a few years ago while 4x4'ing out in @Coastal's turf (elfinstone) and was lucky enough to walk away from that crash into the creekbed LOL So I stripped it down and kept the electronics, drivetrain and chassis. But it would mean whatever I build would need to be front engine mounted and I need a rear/mid-engine mounting drivetrain. I've seen the all wheel drive done with protected chain drive to a front sprocket with a custom bearing and U-joint set up to create axle shafts off the sprocket. It's full time "locked" all wheel drive though so not ideal. I'm tempted to tear apart my 2012 yamaha grizzly 550 and use it as a donor as it would be the perfect set up with lengthened cv axles and lengthened/u-jointed output shafts.......... but 550CC is where things just start to get fun and I was hoping to surprise the snowmobilers. My wife would crucify me if I tore down the grizzly tho LOL Throughout the design and build phase ..... keeping it to the scale and weight of a large single seater go kart/ sand rail is the plan. I want it to rip across the frozen lakes like an indy car on a dry track and be small enuff I can still load it on my flat deck (5x8)
  22. Smokin Joe

You damn right I'll sneak across the border to come play. I live to fuck shit up What about using the driver train from a mini SUV like a geo tracker or something along those lines?
  23. Tynehead Tom

for me..... I can envision it in my head...... like a movie LOL and if I can see it working in my head.... and if I have the tools, material and budget..... I can build it. I have the tools and also have a couple dune buggy go kart frames I can modify. I also have a Ninja 600R and a GSXR 750 , wrecked but perfectly running donors..... also have an honda 350 atc I was gonna rip apart and make a mini jeep rat rod go kart LOL I mostly just post about my weed but there's a lot more going on around here when i get bored LOL Winters are long and i need a fun toy to burn around on the ice
  24. Dog Star

This is too much advanced level for me but hole mine life am interested in tools.. mine father leave me some tools and i buyed also something so collection is growing.. but in same time must addmit i didnt start nothing to build at all... ;D LOL Somehow am interested in mechanics and why things works in a way they works... am remember am "killed" few watches and radiostation as a little boy cause i was interested what parts are inside,i guess am more in reverse ingeneering thing.. love technical part and i finished school for machinist tough i never worked in this area to enlarge mine skills in positive way..
  25. For years I've wanted to build stuff..... go carts, chopper bicycles for the kids , hot rod craftsman lawnmower .... that I might redo into a "rat rod" craftsman lawnmower haha anyways I was going to start fabricating a scaled down 2 seater version of the Ripsaw luxury tank...... @Smokin Joe even said if I built one he'd come and visit LOL so I kinda priced things out and got to over 20 K and still hadn't figured out how to create a scaled down version of the ripsaw drivetrain let alone the computer assisted crap that makes that vehicle so amazing....... so I put the Mini Ripsaw idea to bed untill I win the lottery. In which case I'll just go buy a fuggen Ripsaw from the factory LOL (bottom pic) So I was watching some video last year that has since been removed from the internet..... or I just can't find it. Ice racing in Russia where those crazy russians will put tracks on anything , all in the name of racing on snow and ice. So I'm determined to build myself an all wheel drive "snow rail" and plan for somewhere between 750 and 1100 cc . I want to use a harley motor maybe but then it would have to be chain drive to the front end and I'd rather buy an ATV and tear it apart. Chop and lengthen the CV shafts and turn the output shafts into U-jointed driveshafts..... something exactly like this..... anyone else build fun stuff to keep themselves occupied? I'm doing the drawings and engineering stuff right now but when I start the fabrication in a couple months, I'll post it up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use Privacy Policy.